How Different Camping Will Be
I keep thinking about the things that will be different about camping with the T@B after years of camping with the tiny Silver Shadow. Some of the things that will be different are obvious, and others not so much.
Things that will be the same:
- We’ll still make pour-over coffee
- We’ll still enjoy simple meals
- We’ll still enjoy a nice breeze through the camper by using the fan and the screened windows
- We’ll still enjoy rainy afternoons reading or watching movies curled up in the camper
- We’ll still enjoy our minimal/small/pack it up to fit tight methods
- We’ll still keep a lot of our food and clothes and gear in the car to be handy wherever we are
- We’ll still enjoy our time by the fire and sitting outside
- We’ll still lounge and watch TV and movies from our iPads
- We’ll still snuggle in the camper to sleep at night
- We’ll still prefer to camp somewhere in nature without much in the way of hookups
- The dog may still prefer sitting in the camper rather than getting smoke in his face
- The dog will definitely still enjoy looking out the screens and windows
- We’ll still be happy to get home to our bed
- We’ll still use most of our favorite camping gear and tricks
- We’ll still love camping
Things that will be different:
- We won’t have to bring muddy shoes into the bed area and can put our shoes on inside
- We won’t have to share our “footspace” with the shelf and whatever jackets/shoes/books we brought into the camper
- We won’t have to wear wet raincoats into the bed and can hang them in the wetbath to dry
- We can have the windows open a fair amount and no rain will get in
- We can make coffee inside the camper and choose whether to go out to sit and drink it
- We can brush our teeth, and use the bathroom and get showers inside and choose whether to use the camp facilities or not
- We’ll have more space with the fridge and the cooler for keeping food that we can make
- The milk will be less likely to spoil and the butter won’t get soggy
- We’ll have cold water available for a drink refill in the night
- We can wash the dog or our feet or our gear with the outdoor shower if we get muddy or sandy
- If we are staying somewhere with hookups, we can use the AC and never get too hot
- The camper sits high enough that it is less likely that nighttime critters will cause us any issues
- We can get in and out of the camper with the porch light and step light and not need a headlamp for a quick pop out to grab something
- We’ll be able to stand up inside to change clothes and not have to wriggle around on the bed!
- We can use the camper to get hot water for washing dishes without having to boil water!
- We can cook on two burners at once inside the camper and a third burner outside if we’re feeling crazy and want everything hot at once!
- We have a tiny freezer and can keep our ice cream cool if the ice cream truck arrives before we’re ready for dessert!
- We’ll develop new tricks for camp efficiency and ease
- We might love camping even more!